Job title: Client Relations Associate
Company: Valens Global, http://www.valensglobal.com
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Valens Global is a private firm focused on understanding the challenges posed by terrorist groups and other violent non-state actors, and helping clients fashion creative solutions that can save lives and protect interests. Valens is a young organization that is designed to embody principles of innovation and adaptability: It is self-consciously a start-up firm, and is not afraid to think differently. We believe that the world’s growing sub-state threats require a fiercely independent approach, rigor, and creativity. We have repeatedly challenged the field’s conventional wisdom, and have emerged with a strong track record.
Valens fosters an intellectually vibrant climate that emphasizes teamwork, transparency, meritocracy, accountability, and empowerment at junior levels. But above all else, we produce quality work. We are proud of our record of delivering products that exceed our clients’ expectations, and stand the test of time. At Valens, you would be part of a smart, talented, and confident team of people with interesting and diverse backgrounds, experiences, and outlooks.
Valens Global boasts a stable of clients with whom we love to work, and are proud to associate. They include U.S. government agencies, tech firms, oil and gas companies, academic institutions, think tanks, and a host of others who need to better understand how violent non-state actors are changing the world—and how to safeguard their interests, assets, personnel, and values in light of these challenges. We think Valens is a great place to work, and we believe that you will too.
We are seeking a high-energy, organized, and dynamic professional with strong business acumen and natural entrepreneurial instincts to join our team. You will join a growing organization, and your primary focus will be retaining our current customer base, as well as increasing the sales pipeline for the company. Thus, you will be responsible for identifying, qualifying, and securing new business opportunities alongside Valens’s senior leadership team. You will be directed toward the federal government sector as well as the private sector, and will be expected to build relationships with new partner organizations.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is ready to take control of their career with an organization dedicated to empowering junior-level employees. We offer a fast-paced environment with a large degree of job autonomy, and high potential for career growth. We are seeking relentless self-starters with the ability to see tasks through to completion.
Key Responsibilities: Prospect, Outreach, Organize, Collaborate
- Research and strategize how to best market Valens Global to potential partners, clients/customers, and other key stakeholders.
- Engage in market and competitive intelligence.
- Prospect for and analyze solicitations (e.g., RFP, RFQ, RFI) in conjunction with other customer requirements, and determine appropriate response strategies and deadlines.
- Research and provide Valens team with regular updates on current and prospective clients.
- Develop and maintain potential client pipelines and follow-up efforts in coordination with senior team.
- Update and maintain the company’s CRM database, including updating client contact information and meeting notes as needed.
- Work on business development projects or research tasks as assigned.
- Monitor and maintain senior team calendars and contacts in CRM, as well as coordinate internal and external meetings for individuals at all levels.
- Ensure proposal processes are followed, the standard style guide is used, and documents are submitted in accordance with established criteria.
- Communicate proposal-related requirements and their statuses to relevant executive team members.
- Coordinate efforts between Valens Global and partner organizations on business development opportunities..
- Collaborate with senior management, including the Chief Executive Officer, Research Manager, and Vice President of Business Operations to identify and move forward with new business opportunities.
- Maintain flexibility with changing projects and fluctuating deadlines.
- Extract critical information from staff necessary to develop technical, management, and past performance volumes.
- 1-3 years of relevant professional experience.
- Familiarity with CRM systems, preferably Pipedrive.
- Familiarity with the government contracting pipeline process including familiarity with GovWin or similar federal contracting opportunity platforms.
- Excellent writing skills, specifically a strong ability to summarize data concisely in an effective, timely manner.
- Team player with a great attitude and work ethic.
- Excited to work hard in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment building an unique organization.
- Flexibility to manage moderate degree of multiple and changing priorities; resourcefulness in executing projects.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented (attention to detail is critical).
- Demonstrated experience in the sphere of homeland security and/or defense analysis/intelligence.
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience doing market and competitive intelligence research.
- Demonstrated experience carrying out granular analysis either through publications or examples of client-based work.
- Academic and professional experience in counterterrorism, international relations, foreign policy, or Middle East/Africa Studies.
- Management, leadership, and project management experience.
To apply for this position please send 1) a cover letter with salary expectations, 2) resume, and 3) two references (note: we only need people we can contact, and not written letters of reference) in a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “Client Relations Associate Application – Round 1.” Applications that do not have all five elements will be considered incomplete and immediately disqualified.
Valens Global LLC is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, termination, layoff, compensation benefits, social and recreational programs, and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.