Job title: Executive Research Assistant
Company: Valens Global
Job duration: Fixed Term (Fall Semester 2019)
Location: Raleigh, NC is preferable, but any location will be considered for the right candidate.
Deadline: July 31, 2019
About Valens Global:
Valens Global is a private firm focused on understanding the challenges posed by terrorist groups and other violent non-state actors and helping clients fashion creative solutions that can save lives and protect their interests. Valens is a young organization designed to embody principles of innovation and adaptability: It is not afraid to think differently. We believe the world’s growing sub-state threats require a fiercely independent approach, rigor, and creativity. We have repeatedly challenged the field’s conventional wisdom and have emerged with a strong track record.
Valens fosters an intellectually vibrant climate that emphasizes teamwork, transparency, meritocracy, accountability, and empowerment at junior levels. But above all else, we produce quality work. We are proud of our record of delivering products that exceed our clients’ expectations and stand the test of time. At Valens, you would be part of a smart, talented, and confident team of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and outlooks. We think Valens is a great place to work, and we believe that you will, too.
Valens Global boasts a stable of clients with whom we love to work and are proud to associate. They include U.S. government agencies, tech firms, oil and gas companies, academic institutions, think tanks, and a host of others who need to better understand how violent non-state actors are changing the world, and how to safeguard their interests, assets, personnel, and values in light of these challenges.
Valens Global is looking for an assistant to the CEO who will be responsible for conducting tasks for the executive team and other team members as necessary. Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting research, business development, and executive team members.
- Research assistance on topics that include national security, funding opportunities, and organizational management.
- Attending meetings with key clients and team members and taking thorough, transcriptive notes.
- Ensure accurate prioritization of CEO’s scheduling and tasks.
- Contribute substantive ideas to projects, including occasional report writing, brainstorm meeting contributions, proposal writing, etc.
- Unparalleled organizational skills and the ability to remain—and keep others—on task.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team.
- Proven writing and research abilities.
- Ideal candidate will be a current student (undergraduate or graduate school level) or recent graduate.
- Familiarity with issues pertaining to international security/security studies, counterterrorism, regional studies, global affairs and/or government contracting..
Required Application Materials:
- Cover letter.
- Resume or CV.
- A writing sample of two to four pages that displays the candidate’s ability to consolidate important information in a digestible manner.
- At least two, and preferably three, references. Note: We are not looking for letters of recommendation, but rather people willing to serve as a reference for your qualifications who would be happy to talk to us about your candidacy.
Prospective candidates will be asked to complete a skills test prior to hiring.
Please send all application materials in a single PDF to email@example.com.
Valens Global LLC is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, termination, layoff, compensation benefits, social and recreational programs, and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.